Introduce yourself here! In order to avoid spam, new users must first comment on the discussion in the 'Introductions' before they become 'full members'
Introduce yourself in this discussion
  • Not so lost now, I see that php7 is not a friend as of yet with flatpress. That would explain some things. Alrighty, configuring with php5, and hope to be golden.
  • hello my name is sam
  • I tested this aplication version 1.0.3 and fail in CONTACT option

Probando esta aplicación la versión 1.0.3 encontré que falla en la opción CONTACT
  • Hi, nice to meet you there :D
  • Hello everyone! I wanted to know if there is an implemented anti-brute force plugin to be used with FlatPress. I tried this one:
    Anti Brute Force This plugin blocks brute-force attacks Piero VDFN

But it doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Debes descargar la nueva versión de SMARTY y reemplazarlo en el directorio. No sé si la opción de contacto funciona ya que no la uso, pero sí la de comentarios. Estoy buscando un aditivo para bloquear intrusos en el login.php

Todavía no lo he logrado, estoy esperando a que me agreguen al foro.
    crivas said:

I tested this aplication version 1.0.3 and fail in CONTACT option

Probando esta aplicación la versión 1.0.3 encontré que falla en la opción CONTACT

• Why even if e-mail is confirmed twice there is still box on the lower left part of this site sayin' that confirmation is needed? And also why cant post in other thread if there is introduction post earlier, 3 posts up?
  • UrRow said:Why even if e-mail is confirmed twice there is still box on the lower left part of this site sayin' that confirmation is needed? And also why cant post in other thread if there is introduction post earlier, 3 posts up?

I
    hope flatpress is not being discontinued. At least, if so, it would be good to let other people support the project by making other administrators and giving the source to be updated by other users. That way even if the main developer of the software stops maintaining it, the rest can continue it forever.
  • es posible que siga flatpress????
  • es posible que siga flatpress????

Sí, pero hay mucha competencia (mira PivotX por ejemplo). Creo que si nos dejan a nosotros, los usuarios, actualizar y continuar el desarrollo de FlatPress sería mucho mejor.
  • Wow,

I feel like big shot introducing myself here. Anywho...

Introduction:

Thirty something unix junkie, enjoys the outdoors. Permanently stuck in college. Has two dogs and a pecan farm.

Intention for writing:

First: I first noticed that some person had managed to access flatpress wiki and changed one of the main articles (something with setup) to a advertisement for oral surgery. Which I know can't be right.

Second, I want to give flatpress a try and I am running Hiawatha. I have not seen anything listed under the documentation stating that I might need to use the rewrite module. So, I am assuming that this would be a "straight service" (meaning no symbolic links or rewrites). But for now all I am getting is a blank page.

I could not find any information on server configuration. So, I am a littel lost.

Do you know of a secure way to protect the login from Brute-Force hacks?
  • I meant Brute-Force attacks.
  • Trying to make a simple blog for the Hitman Blues Band.  Boy, something that should be easy - a blog page with the titles of each blog for people to click on - is turning out to be a real time sucker!  Hopefully, this program will be quick and easy.
  • Hello Vick here. How do I post a question?

Here it is:

Hi, Thanks for FP.

I just could not get past the 

"http://nas:8080 is not a valid URL" after install, and first try.
    this is on my local network, "nas" is the name of my NAS, port is 8080.  What is wrong? PHP etc are working fine. Other links such as : http://nas:8080/personal  etc. work fine.

Is there a link to proper installation procedure? Thanks.
    Vick

• Hi, my name is Jake. I downloaded Flatpress about three weeks ago. I just signed up for the forum today because I have a question and I can't seem to find it in any of the docs.

I have chosen Flatpress over Wordpress because FP has more meat and potatoes where WP is too many bells and whistles. I like a flat database so I can search posts in Spotlight and make an easier backup.

I've
    been building my blog offline with MAMP (PHP 5.6) as a test server. Now I'm ready to upload the whole thing to my hosting via FTP, but I wonder what all needs to change
    online vs. offline. I'm assuming it's remove all references to localhost for one, but is there anything else?

Is there a tutorial somewhere?
  • gdgd said:

I meant Brute-Force attacks.

You gave me an idea to put the Google Re-Captcha script in login.tpl and an instant die("..."); at the top line of login.php if $_POST pass is set, but the $_POST['g-recaptcha-response'] is wrong.

• b9mx said:

gdgd said:

I meant Brute-Force attacks.

You gave me an idea to put the Google Re-Captcha script in login.tpl and an instant die("..."); at the top line of login.php if $_POST pass is set, but the $_POST['g-recaptcha-response'] is wrong.

If you get to make a good captcha/anti brute-force plugin for the login, please post it here.
  • Hello there, m rujul. I'm here to gain more and more knowledge.
  • Hi there
  • Hi I am Mark, from USA. I am a full time developer and a graphics designer.
  • MagicLampTours from Morocco.

Regards
  • Hi, I am from czech, flatpress.cz
  • Hello, I am videns and have installed flatpress on my Raspberry Pi.  I was experimenting with plugins and decided I might need to reach out for help, so that's why I'm here.
  • It feels weird "introducing" myself here. I've been using FlatPress (FP) for about 7 years for a couple small private blogs I keep (one for work notes just for myself, one is a travel log for friends and family on those rare occasions I get away from it all). Generally I have been pleased with FP and have only occasionally needed to post to the forum.
  • Thought I introduced myself already. 
    I just deleted 6000 spammy comments from my blog, mostly from 2 addresses. Is there something built into flatpress to ban those addresses, their ip or turn off comments completely? 
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion