Introduce yourself here! In order to avoid spam, new users must first comment on the discussion in the 'Introductions' before they become 'full members'
Introduce yourself in this discussion
  • Hi this is alshir827,  trying out flatpress to see if it can serve as a daily info sharing platform for my company.
  • Sorry! I'm new to flatpress. Just not sure, by means of installing plugins, I can achieve:-

Sharing info. in the PDF format and it is downloadable. Upon clicking the URL, user can see PDF document opened up.
  • hi, my name is Susan Smith who are wishing to set up a portfolio site using flatpress.
  • Hi my name is DO and I think Flatpress is simply great.
  • My name is mrssin, I am new there please bear with me.
  • Hi, I removed your link as it's not a Flatpress site, therefore please prove that you are really interested in Flatpress, otherwise I won't approve your account.
  • HI, my name es Agustin, and now I got a headache with securimage captcha, i hope you can helpe me.
  • How do you start a discussion?
  • Hi pupilspace, please introduce yourself, then we'll give you the ability to start discussions.
  • Well, hello everyone,
    My name is Simon. I use flatpress for a while and now I though I should come here and say Hello :D

- sent using iPad
  • Hello, I've been missing in action for a while but I thought I'd drop by and share all the new fun FP stuff I've been working on :)
  • Just getting started with flatpress, but having problems so I'm here. First problem- confirming my email address and posting a bug report.
  • Hi, folks!
  • Hi,
    @tfahl , @inne : are you using Flatpress? Or could you just say something more to verify you are not spammer?
  • I'am a Flatpress user: http://inne.sdf-eu.org/flatpress (Generic-URL: http://inne.sdf-eu.org/blog)

You can equals the mail adresses here and on the blog (impessum) and of couse i can send you a signed mail from this adress.
  • No problem, I just wanted to be sure, now you are a full member :-)
    Welcome to our community
  • Hiya:

I have installed Flatpress on my new site http://sockpuppetsofptsd.com/ and am wondering how to make the text title go away as I have made an image title. Want to preserve the page title for search engines, links etc just not have it show as text on the page except as the alt for the image. My efforts so far has resulted in having to reinstall FP 3x and rerun setup about 5x.  I am modding the trebor gardens theme. 

Thanks!

Yay for flat files, so tired of the unreliable squirrels. (msql) 
  • Hello, I just started. I'm trying to learn flatpress
  • hello,
    installed flatpress yesterday (after trying out about 25 other cms', with a focus on flat file) - looks good so far, what can i say. is there a plugin to write pages in markdown?
    a big thank you to those who develop and maintain FOSS! i like to think that i, too, am contributing in some small way...
  • it seems i cannot create new topics on this forum.
    I'm still getting the message "You need to confirm your email address. Click here to resend the confirmation email." every time i log in.
    is this by design?
  • Hi, My name is John Galbraith. I am converting my infosec blog from Wordpress to Flatpress. ;-) The speed I have gained alone is worth the change. 
  • Hi My Name is Christian Simons from a Distance Education Institute in Canada
  • Hello!
    @jagalbraith : you're a member now :-)
    @Nebel007 : I've removed the link, since it didn't use Flatpress and you're not a member yet. Are you really using FP or interested in?
  • Olá, eu sou o Lucas do Brasil!
  • Hello everybody,
    I'm Vito, Italian, living in Shanghai for the last 10 years
    Thanks for your contributions
  • Hi guys,

I'm Francesco from Italy. My english isn't good but I will try to use it in my post.

Francesco
  • Hi..
    love flatfile ANYTHING :-) So far this is one of 2 blogs I use that aare flat file and simple to use. thanks
  • hello i just joined to try an build a site using this format
  • Hi, I am Christine and using flat press for my rowing club's web page.
  • Hi there!

My name is Kenan. I'm from Istanbul, Turkey. I started using FP today.

Thanks!
  • Ok thanks, this is great, after having sql based clunky , top heavy and bottom heavy sites hacked numerous times, its time to have fun with something new...
  • hi 

this is 
    collapse;width:95pt"> GretchenI want to contribute in this discussion by sharing some amazing idea for Binary option Trading.
  •  Grab exclusive offer In Binary Option Trading!

Instead Quitting Binary Options... Start trade with http://bit.ly/WxcNX9 and get 50 dollar free..
  • I need help please , the beargro theme is loading incorrectly
  • Hi all, 

First of all, thank you for making such a wonderful piece of blogging history!

Secondly, I was having some trouble with the plugin.archives.php file not showing up in the sidebar and blocking the footer for some reason. To fix it I moved line 80 to 96 and it sprung to life, pretty permalinks and all. Not sure if this will help anyone else, or if I've even done a valid move in the code. After all I was just guessing! :)

Keep up the great work! :D

• And can I just say, the work you all do with the plug-ins and the FlatPress software itself - completely amazing. I've been using it for the past few days and even managed to get an Import WordPress XML to FlatPress python script going. I had to hack it around a little bit but it got all the date / time stamps, as well as the epoch time in each post. Genius!

And I'm running this setup on a Raspberry Pi of course, cheap server for a nice basic blog. So far so good! (I didn't end up using the archives plugin and just went for categories after all - sorry for the hassle!)

Thanks again and I'm sure I'll have more to drop in the other pages on this forum!

• Just joined the forum to learn flatpress. Good community. 
  • Hi everyone.

just introducing myself. I'm Daniel, and i'm from the uk. I'm using flatpress on my raspberry pi to host a home website where I can just blog about my experiments in my home garden :) and thats me in a nutshell

--edit--
    I've also made a pintrest plugin that I'll post once I'm approved :)
  • I'm guessing this isn't the FlatPress child theme forum for ClassiPress?
  • Hi, new member here :) Saluti da Bologna
  • Hi, Have been using Flatpress, original Legerro theme for about six years. Just changed domain name. Everything fine except can't find where to change link to header image. I origionally changed it someplace from the plain reddish/brown background to my own image but can't remember where! Help appreciated.  John
  • Have been using Flatpress, original Legerro theme for about six years. Just changed domain name. Everything fine except can't find where to change link to header image. I origionally changed it someplace from the plain reddish/brown background to my own image but can't remember where! Help appreciated.  John
  • Have been using Flatpress, original Legerro theme for about six years. Just changed domain name. Everything fine except can't find where to change link to header image. I origionally changed it someplace from the plain reddish/brown background to my own image but can't remember where! Help appreciated.  John
  • Sorry to repeat myself but your registration interface just keeps me going round in circles, repeating the request to make a comment and resend confirmation email.
  • Again it asks me to introduce myself! Keeps going round in circles. My inbox is filling up with messages to confirm. How many times do I have to do it? Fine, my name's John and I've been using Flatpress for six years. Just need a wee bit of help.
  • Now it says to confirm again!
  • So I used  clicked the link in the email and on the site at  http://flatpress.org/vanilla2/entry/emailconfirmrequest

it seems I have to introduce my self one more time before I can post anything. This really does not make sense!
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion