Introduce yourself here! In order to avoid spam, new users must first comment on the discussion in the 'Introductions' before they become 'full members'
Come creare un TOP MENU FISSO?
  • Ciao a tutti.

Come posso creare un top menu fisso in maniera da inserire tutte le pagine statiche del blog e farle aprire sempre all'interno della stessa finestra?

Se possibile datemi una spiegazione a prova di stupido :-)

Grazie mille

• Sorry for replying in English but the links to static pages in your menu should be in the format below, and they should all open in the same window - if not try adding 
    <base target="_top"> to your header.tpl

[url=static.php?page=about]About[/url]

• Also, in header.tpl:

<div id="outer-container">

<div id="menu">
    {widgets pos=top}
    <div id="{$id}" class="topw">
    {$content}
    </div>
    {/widgets}
    </div>

THEN in your theme's theme.conf.php file add:

register_widgetset('top'); // important - do not forget ";" !!

Example here if you want to inspect the CSS for the element

• I'll try but for me it's very hard.
    I need info step by step.
    Thanks
  • It is not so difficult as you think :)

It is only a 2-step process to add the widget and put your menu there, then you need to add some style to the menu:

1) Create the widget position in your template file (e.g. header.tpl in this case) as I did

2) Add your new widgetset to the "Register Widgetsets" section of theme.conf.php (there will already be some there)

Then it should appear in your widget panel - just drag and drop your menu widget there as you would with the usual sidebar widgets.

You will need to style your menu so that it displays as a horizontal (inline) list. See the following link to see the CSS which I added to my theme's css file...

http://flatpress.org/vanilla2/discussion/comment/11203#Comment_11203

• Somehow I have done so.
    Thanks for your help!
  • You're welcome.
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion