January 2019: Forums still broken :(

Registration on the forums is still broken. There will be a new forum in February, please visit us again then. Sorry for the inconvenience!

For now, if you have questions about the current project status, if you want to know details about the upcoming FlatPress release 1.1, or if you have trouble running your FlatPress, please contact us.

And don't forget to check the project blog (or its RSS feed) for the latest news about the ongoing FlatPress revival!
core.fpdb.class.php error
  • I haven't been here in many years. But now I have need of a new blog. Flatpress is the best! Will always be my fav.

I recycled a template from a previous site and updated it by comparing with the latest version 1.0.3. I replaced a handful of files then tracked down some errors. I thought I had gotten things sorted but then this popped up:

Strict Standards:  Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/user/public_html/domain/flatpress/fp-includes/core/core.fpdb.class.php on line 302

It appears when I click on either the year or month in the Archives list.

I snagged the latest version from github but it was identical to the one already installed.

Any clues? Do you have a more recent version of that file than the one in git?

Thoughts?

golinux

• i have 3 blogs based on Flatpress, only on 1 out of the 3 i have the same exact error, it shows up since several days, i tried to replaced it with older back up but i got the same error 
    www.lifestyleandmore.it/home/blog/fp-includes/core/core.fpdb.class.php on line 289

anyone knows how to fix it ?
    thanks
    Vito
  • to be precise on my Flatpress homepage i got 3 errors:

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /web/htdocs/www.lifestyleandmore.it/home/blog/fp-includes/core/core.fpdb.class.php on line 289

Deprecated: Non-static method StringParser_Node::destroyNode() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /web/htdocs/www.lifestyleandmore.it/home/blog/fp-plugins/bbcode/inc/stringparser.class.php on line 356

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /web/htdocs/www.lifestyleandmore.it/home/blog/fp-includes/smarty/plugins/function.list_categories.php on line 33

• Hi,

which PHP version is running on the webspace? If your are on PHP 5.x take a look at this forum entry:
    http://flatpress.org/vanilla2/discussion/1799/fp-1-0-and-php-5-4-7/p1

Flatpress are not running with PHP 7.x.I tried several tests and doing many code experiments, but I never get a workinh solution with PHP 7.
  • Thanks laborix for your reply

my webserver runs on PHP 5.6.24 ... 
    i have read the the other thread but i doubt that is the case ... in fact the error stared showing up only few days ago ... furthermore i have another Flatpress blog on the same webserver (Aruba.it maybe one of the larger in Italy) and it has no error, same Flatpress installation
    see the pic

• the other 2 blogs are as good as before ...
    several days there was a f***er who spammed and add 5 advertiding comments on one of my post ...
    i dont know if is just a coincidence or he maybe the cause of the errors
    what do you think?
    thanks
    Vito

• Please try following:

Download these files and add "error_reporting(0)" after the first line with "...?php".
    defaults.php - error_reporting(0);
    login.php - error_reporting(0);
    admin/main.php - error_reporting(0);

After this login in and in the admin area select "Maintain->Rebuild Index". If this doesn't work for you, I would suggest you check all comments in your blog.
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion