Introduce yourself here! In order to avoid spam, new users must first comment on the discussion in the 'Introductions' before they become 'full members'
core.fpdb.class.php error
  • I haven't been here in many years. But now I have need of a new blog. Flatpress is the best! Will always be my fav.

I recycled a template from a previous site and updated it by comparing with the latest version 1.0.3. I replaced a handful of files then tracked down some errors. I thought I had gotten things sorted but then this popped up:

Strict Standards:  Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/user/public_html/domain/flatpress/fp-includes/core/core.fpdb.class.php on line 302

It appears when I click on either the year or month in the Archives list.

I snagged the latest version from github but it was identical to the one already installed.

Any clues? Do you have a more recent version of that file than the one in git?

Thoughts?

golinux

• i have 3 blogs based on Flatpress, only on 1 out of the 3 i have the same exact error, it shows up since several days, i tried to replaced it with older back up but i got the same error 
    www.lifestyleandmore.it/home/blog/fp-includes/core/core.fpdb.class.php on line 289

anyone knows how to fix it ?
    thanks
    Vito
  • to be precise on my Flatpress homepage i got 3 errors:

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /web/htdocs/www.lifestyleandmore.it/home/blog/fp-includes/core/core.fpdb.class.php on line 289

Deprecated: Non-static method StringParser_Node::destroyNode() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /web/htdocs/www.lifestyleandmore.it/home/blog/fp-plugins/bbcode/inc/stringparser.class.php on line 356

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /web/htdocs/www.lifestyleandmore.it/home/blog/fp-includes/smarty/plugins/function.list_categories.php on line 33

• Hi,

which PHP version is running on the webspace? If your are on PHP 5.x take a look at this forum entry:
    http://flatpress.org/vanilla2/discussion/1799/fp-1-0-and-php-5-4-7/p1

Flatpress are not running with PHP 7.x.I tried several tests and doing many code experiments, but I never get a workinh solution with PHP 7.
  • Thanks laborix for your reply

my webserver runs on PHP 5.6.24 ... 
    i have read the the other thread but i doubt that is the case ... in fact the error stared showing up only few days ago ... furthermore i have another Flatpress blog on the same webserver (Aruba.it maybe one of the larger in Italy) and it has no error, same Flatpress installation
    see the pic

• the other 2 blogs are as good as before ...
    several days there was a f***er who spammed and add 5 advertiding comments on one of my post ...
    i dont know if is just a coincidence or he maybe the cause of the errors
    what do you think?
    thanks
    Vito

• Please try following:

Download these files and add "error_reporting(0)" after the first line with "...?php".
    defaults.php - error_reporting(0);
    login.php - error_reporting(0);
    admin/main.php - error_reporting(0);

After this login in and in the admin area select "Maintain->Rebuild Index". If this doesn't work for you, I would suggest you check all comments in your blog.
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion