Introduce yourself here! In order to avoid spam, new users must first comment on the discussion in the 'Introductions' before they become 'full members'
First tests using OPEN Live Writer with FlatPress
  • Hi all,

Just dropped by to let you know that I've just tried using Open Live Writer (Windows Live Writer is now Open Source!) and it works just great with FlatPress, though I did have a little teething trouble when I tried to set up my first blog.

You can download it here: http://openlivewriter.org/ but check out my blog for details of the little snag I hit, and how I fixed it... but I'm thinking that this was just a random glitch as I've since installed it on another computer, targetting a different FlatPress blog, and it worked perfectly. Check out my blog anyway, as I've added an illustrated walk-through of how to add another FlatPress blog account, once you're up and running - including how to things up so your images are saved into an FTP folder of your choosing. There's also something there about a specific setting I recommend you change in the program editing options.

The really surprising thing was the speed with which it installed. Providing you have the .NET framework installed (which you will have, if you've previously been using Windows Live Writer - otherwise allow several minutes for that to install) then clicking the setup file takes you straight into your blog configuration routine, and you can literally run through this and make your first post to your blog within 2-3 minutes (including download time for the program itself)!

Remember that you need to install the Remote Posting plugin before you can use Live Writer.

Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!