Introduce yourself here! In order to avoid spam, new users must first comment on the discussion in the 'Introductions' before they become 'full members'
Posted by
  • Hello
    i would like to ask where can set the value of Posted by xxxxx
    i thought it was in Administration area > Options > Blog Author ... but it is not
    thanks
    Vito
  • hello,
    i know it is impolite to re-post ...
    but still haven't figured out where to changed the value of Posted by "xxxxx"
    many thanks
    Vito
  • From what I know, you need to run the setup again in order to change the author's name. (The value in Administration area > Options > Blog Author doesn't seem to be used at the moment. )

1. If you want to change your author's name, you run the setup again, but going to yourblog.com/setup.php and follow the instructions.Backup your site first. IIRC, most, if not all settings and styles will remain in place. You'll just have to enable back your custom theme/style if that's the case. 

2. If you want to change the author name of previous posts, you'll have to do it in each entry, manually by editing the text files in fp-content. Depending how many you have, the easiest would be to open them all in a text editor such as Notepad++ and do a replace in all files. 

At the end of every entry txt file, you'll find this: 
    |AUTHOR|YourOldAuthorName|DATE|1452539146|

If you replace |YourOldAuthorName| by |NewAuthorName| for instance, it'll work. 

I'm not 100% this is the best/easiest way to do it, but it works. 

Let me know if you're okay and sorry for the very late reply. 
  • If you simply want to use a new name on everything the alternative way is to hard code it into your template.

For instance in static.tpl change:

<p class="date">Published by {$author} on {$date|date_format_daily}</p>

to

<p class="date">Published by Vito on {$date|date_format_daily}</p>

• Stanley, I didn't think of it this way, but I think it's a great idea. 
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion