Introduce yourself here! In order to avoid spam, new users must first comment on the discussion in the 'Introductions' before they become 'full members'
[Solved] SPAM - Problem
  • I use Flattpress 1.0.3 and the Akismet Plugin. Nevertheless, i have SPAM in my Comments
    Any Tipp for me to hardening my Flatpress? 
  • mhm, akismet is in germany illegal - i "cut" my comment section out... 

• ups, i can set "no comments" only for one article?
    how can i set a default for all comments - also in the past

thx for help
  • Hi, there are some flatpress features, or you can try my Comment Center plugin.
  • thanks for help, ok have installed your's plugin. but, i can't activate this.  after login, at admin panel from FP i click on activate and get the msg:
    • Ein Fehler ist beim speichern aufgetreten. Eventuell stimmt die Syntax des Plugins nicht
    • Translate: An error occurred while saving. Maybe not right the syntax of the plugin
  • You can try to use this plugin too
    http://wiki.flatpress.org/res:plugins?#fpcaptcha
    I'm using it on my blog and all the spam comments are gone away forever.
  • ok, thanks !

• eagleman said:

You can try to use this plugin too
    http://wiki.flatpress.org/res:plugins?#fpcaptcha
    I'm using it on my blog and all the spam comments are gone away forever.

Just remember to disable your Accessible Anti-Spam plugin BEFORE ENABLING the FPCaptcha plugin.

I generally strip out the comments links from the template so no-one can comment, but the Expiring Entries plugin also very useful if you want to retain commenting. This allows you to disable comments after a pre-set number of days. I've had robots post spam on entries which are months/years old so I've used this plugin to disallow commenting on posts which are over 7 days old.

I've also used Piero's Comment Center Plugin too - that's very good.

• Moin @all,

first: thanks for help. - yes, "it works"
    >Just remember to disable your Accessible Anti-Spam plugin BEFORE ENABLING the FPCaptcha plugin.
    ^^was the solution for me.

Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion