Introduce yourself here! In order to avoid spam, new users must first comment on the discussion in the 'Introductions' before they become 'full members'
Easy Way of Integrating Social Network Share Buttons
  • I stumbled upon this service a short time ago and I'm now wondering how I could live without it so long. Forget about integrating fancy social network icons in your entries footer, mess around with templates and such. There's a ridiculously simple and easy way to get your own awesome "social share buttons". Here it goes: 

Here's what it can looks like: 

First, you register there for free: 

With their free service, you can setup a free set of social buttons. Once you're done setting up those buttons, they'll give you code that looks just like this: 

<script type="text/javascript" src="//s7.addthis.com/js/300/addthis_widget.js#pubid=ra-54cc0dd50575bcc3" async="async"></script>

You take that code, copy and paste it into either: 
    - One of the static pages you use as a sidebar widget
    - A new static page you'll use as a sidebar widget that you'll put at the bottom of your sidebar (Having only the code in the static page, it'll show up as empty with only a title )

What I'd personally recommend is: Make sure you have a static widget called "Get in touch!" or "Follow me now!" with social network icons linking to your social network profiles (Twitter, Facebook, GitHub, etc etc) somewhere in your sidebar, preferably right at the top. It's a great way to get involved with your visitors and get new followers. At the end of the static page used for that widget, paste the code there. As this widget is on all pages, the share buttons will appear on all pages! 

If you need help or anything, feel free to reply to this discussion! :)
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!