Introduce yourself here! In order to avoid spam, new users must first comment on the discussion in the 'Introductions' before they become 'full members'
[solved] Help, I’ve killed my blog
  • Not my real blog, though, another one. I’m creating another blog containing a selection of the old blog’s articles: I’ve copied my entire Flatpress installation with code, contents and everything, and deleted the files with unwanted articles. Then I’ve uploaded it and tried it.
    Calling it by just the URL of its root results in a page containing the shortened version of the newest article. Clicking on the next page link (root/?paged=2) results in a “not found” error. Changing the page number to 3 or 4 results in other pages with articles.
    Obviously, the index is broken. So I went to the admin page and rebuilt the index. I received a number of errors:
    BACKUP INDEX to fp-content/index1395503946
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: fopen() [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: Unable to access fp-content/index/index-0.dat in <b>…/fp-includes/core/core.entry.php</b> on line <b>70</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: fopen(fp-content/index/index-0.dat) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>…/fp-includes/core/core.entry.php</b> on line <b>70</b><br />

However, the index files were there before. Now they aren’t. Below, the error messages say

<b>Warning</b>:  Could not acquire write lock on INDEX. Didn't I told you FlatPress is not designed for concurrency, already? ;) Don't worry: your entry has been saved as draft! in <b>…/fp-includes/core/core.entry.php</b> on line <b>90</b><br />

I don’t know how does it mean “concurrency”.
    Now the index folder is empty. How to solve the situation, please?
  • Hi,
    check the permissions on fp-content and its subdirectories. Please set it to 0777.
    Then clean the cache directory.
    After that, create again the index.
  • Dear Piero, thank you very much. Problem solved, the blog is now working. :D
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion