Introduce yourself here! In order to avoid spam, new users must first comment on the discussion in the 'Introductions' before they become 'full members'
Pretty URL / Links
  • Hello - I enabled Pretty URLs. When I select an uploaded file within an entry it shows in edit mode with the URL tags but nothing when previewing or publishing. I'm assuming the content within the URL tags would be hyperlinked for people to download the file? If this isn't how its supposed to work please let me know. Thanks!
  • It was easier for me to write this out as a little tutorial to show you how it should work:

http://flatpress.georgi.co.uk/?x=entry:entry130209-072820

If it still doesn't work for you then maybe you could post a link so we can see what's going on in your case. 

• Fantastic! Thank you for taking the time to explain. All is fine now! Related to this, I would like the ability to open a link in a new window (using [url]). I replaced the BBcode with the one that would allow you to do this but for some reason it doesn't show as an option. Is it possible to add some code to get the same effect? For example in HTML the target=blank can be added. Thanks in advance!!
  • Yes, if you use my alternative BB Code plugin which adds this functionality. (I'm not sure if that's the one you meant you were using.

http://wiki.flatpress.org/res:plugins#bbcode

Click on the little picture there to see the syntax. It's very easy - you just add x=1 inside the opening url tag. I use it all the time now.

You can see it in action on the tutorial page I linked to above. See where you can see the small version of the "open new window" icon shown below. This method gives the user the option of opening the link in a new window or not.

• I've installed your plugin - thanks - and see some of the features added above the text entry area (eg. URL icon) but when I paste or write a URL between the [url] tags, no icon shows up next to the link when previewing or when live. Do I need to upload the arrow image or is it already contained in the upload? Thanks!
  • It's included in the res/img folder. Are you using something like [url x=1]some link here[/url]?
  • x=1 was the trick! Thanks for your time, patience, and hard work that went into this! Great feature! 
  • You're welcome!
  • Hello Stanley, hello everybody. Sorry for my bad english, but I have some important question.
    If I chance from normal urls that we use from the first day of www.musicletter.it to PrettyUrls plugin, what happen? Will be all ok?
  • It should be ok - all of your old links will work just as they did before, plus the pretty urls.

Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion