Introduce yourself here! In order to avoid spam, new users must first comment on the discussion in the 'Introductions' before they become 'full members'
FP 1.0 and PHP 5.4.7
  • Testing Flatpress 1.0 Solenne on XAMPP 1.8.1 with PHP 5.4.7. Following Notices will appear:

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in C:\www\xampp\htdocs\flatpress\fp-includes\core\core.fpdb.class.php on line 289

and inside the themes

Strict Standards: Non-static method StringParser_Node::destroyNode() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\www\xampp\htdocs\flatpress\fp-plugins\bbcode\inc\stringparser.class.php on line 356

It's only a quick test, the functionally of Flatpress 1.0 Solenne work. Only this notices will appear.

• I tried SVN 415 again on XAMPP and Online with PHP 5.4.x. It seems there are a bit more problems that should be solved. With PHP 5.3.x SVN 415 have no problems on Apache and IIS, it work like a charm, but not with PHP 5.4.x.

Is there any work in progress in the development of Flatpress?

• can you provide me with a a summary of the error log ?
  • This need a few days, I will see what I can do.

Should I post it here or send via mail?
  • This are some of the text that will display an blocking working. You found this messages over the header, in the content and sidebar. It is not possible to read normal content nor the widgets in the sidebar.

Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead in /srv/pages/php54/flatpress/fp-includes/core/core.blogdb.php on line 75
    Strict Standards: mktime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead in /srv/pages/php54/flatpress/fp-includes/core/core.date.php on line 95
    Strict Standards: strftime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead in /srv/pages/php54/flatpress/fp-includes/smarty/Smarty_Compiler.class.php on line 400
    Strict Standards: mktime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead in /srv/pages/php54/flatpress/fp-plugins/archives/plugin.archives.php on line 47
    Strict Standards: strftime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead in /srv/pages/php54/flatpress/fp-includes/core/core.date.php on line 28
    Strict Standards: strftime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead in /srv/pages/php54/flatpress/fp-includes/core/core.date.php on line 46
  • Next messages found:

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /srv/pages/php54/flatpress/fp-includes/smarty/plugins/function.list_categories.php on line 33
    Strict Standards: Declaration of plugin_archives_monthlist::_exitingDir() should be compatible with fs_filelister::_exitingDir($directory, $file) in /srv/pages/php54/flatpress/fp-plugins/archives/plugin.archives.php on line 74
    Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /srv/pages/php54/flatpress/fp-plugins/lastcommentsadmin/plugin.lastcommentsadmin.php on line 41
    Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /srv/pages/php54/flatpress/fp-plugins/lastcommentsadmin/plugin.lastcommentsadmin.php on line 44
    Warning: Illegal string offset 'logout' in /srv/pages/php54/flatpress/fp-content/cache/7e3f660480ab1640de8024c200b5a4d3^%%66^665^6650043D%%login_success.tpl.php on line 3
    Strict Standards: Declaration of admin_plugin_qspam::onsubmit() should be compatible with AdminPanelAction::onsubmit($data = NULL) in /srv/pages/php54/flatpress/fp-plugins/fp-plugins/qspam/plugin.qspam.php on line 55
  • sorry for not responding, I have a lot of work. I had a look and I see all these errors in my logs, too. Unfortunately I don't really have much time to work on this right now :/
  • No sweat! I can wait.
  • Sh..t

My web provider supports only PHP5.4 after 1. April 2013.
    In the last days I've updated all my sites to be compatible to PHP 5.4. Only my personal blog (with flatpress) won't work yet...

best regards

Dirk

• well those are just notices anyway, you can silence them with the usual error_reporting(E_NONE) trick
  • I put this code in index.php between php tag and it works for all pages.

ini_set('display_errors', 0);
    error_reporting('E_NONE');

Hope it works for you too.thanks to nowhereman.

• oh sorry the admin panel still shows the error and i found this code to put in .htaccess and works both for admin

and site pages.

php_flag display_startup_errors off
    php_flag display_errors off
    php_flag html_errors off
    php_value error_reporting 1

• You could have put error_reporing(E_NONE); in defaults.php and I think it would have worked in all pages, even contact.php.
  • This one's been annoying me a bit.  I haven't tracked down the other errors yet but for the error on logout change:

[code]            if(isset($_GET['do']) && ($_GET['do']=='logout')) {
                    user_logout();

function myredirect() {
                        login_redirect('index.php');
                    }

add_filter('wp_head', 'myredirect');

$content = (SHARED_TPLS . 'login_success.tpl');

}[/code]

to this in login.php:

[code]            if(isset($_GET['do']) && ($_GET['do']=='logout')) {
                    user_logout();

function myredirect() {
                    }

add_filter('wp_head', 'myredirect');

$content = (SHARED_TPLS . 'login.tpl');[/code]

Should be line 56 if you haven't modified it already.  In other words, if you aren't logged in, there's no reason to redirect to the login_success.tpl, just redirect to the logon.tpl.
  • This works too.

if(isset($_GET['do']) && ($_GET['do']==user_logout())) {

function myredirect() {

}
  • I figured out all different errors and how you can resolve them.

You can find this information on my blog, but I wrote the article in german, so it might only be useful for the german speaking members here...

http://www.nightswatch.de/?x=entry:entry131111-232827

But I didn't list the files which are affected, so you have to check your log files first, find out the filenames and the specific error and finally you can fix the error.

Regards,
    Jens
  • If you do a pull request, I'll be glad to review it and finally merge it!
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion