Introduce yourself here! In order to avoid spam, new users must first comment on the discussion in the 'Introductions' before they become 'full members'
What's you dream FlatPress Forum like?
  • I'm starting this thread in an attempt to get an idea on how you guys feel about the FlatPress Forum.

What do you like and dislike right now?

Do you think it would be possible to improve the forum in some way or another? What kind of new features would you enjoy to use on here? Do you think the forum is currently lacking some functionality, features? For example, would you like to be able to share threads on Facebook/Twitter in one click, see who's online, post a poll, update your personal status, use smilies, etc..?

Post your suggestions and feedback here. What do you think would move this community a step further? :)

Marc. :)
  • I think Vanilla is great, but I'd like to see the login fixed so you don't get an error message and need to go back a page immediately after logging in, and I'd like to see the quote function fixed - maybe it works for others, but not for me.

I don't think there's anything to add to the forum - it's nice and easy to use. I'm not interested in knowing who's online, or what people ate for breakfast - just here to get help and help others where I can. I like the small-town community feel to it all - no need to clutter it up.

• yeah the quote button not working is annoying I think the plugin is too old for the forum software version. As for the login page, it's a bug that should be fixed in a newer version. I should really take some time to update… 
  • I really don't like vanilla - I would suggest to go for any other forum script - there are some good ones which are light on resources like PunBB/FluxBB.

I am not suggesting to move to flat file forum like MyUPB - it hasn't been updated for a long time.

But why move to another forum when there is a talk here to develop Flatpress in to a multi user CMS with forum.

Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion