Introduce yourself here! In order to avoid spam, new users must first comment on the discussion in the 'Introductions' before they become 'full members'
Categories Graphical Editor
  • Hi all,

here is another plugin that I hope someone will find useful.

I've always found the categories editor a bit ugly (well... it is just a textarea; let's say I found the text format quite ugly), so I developed a graphical editor for categories.

You can add and delete categories, reorder and nest them, using the nestedSortable jQuery plugin (http://mjsarfatti.com/sandbox/nestedSortable/). There are still improvements that could be done, but as a "preview" I think it is ok.

You can download the alpha from my blog: http://www.kzar.it (I also added a paragraph on the flatpress wiki)

Unzip and upload it to your fp-plugins, enable it from your plugins page, and the categories editor will be "magically" replaced by the new graphical one!

I can put it on some svn repository if someone wants to collaborate on the development.
  • well that is quite nice! btw, you shouldn't need to ship jQuery, since FlatPress ships with that (and jQuery UI) already
  • that is only partially true, because the jQuery plugin includes only a limited subset of the UIs and theme.
    anyway... thank you for the compliment ;)
  • bcesare said: that is only partially true, because the jQuery plugin includes only a limited subset of the UIs and theme.
    anyway... thank you for the compliment ;)

True, but this is because when I wrote the jQuery plugin I thought that the jsutils plugin had just some modules of mootools, so I didn't use all the UI.
  • Love it. I just found you have to change:

fp-plugins/catsgraphicedit/res/js/catsgraphscript.js

In line 122:
    text: "Anullare", (I think ist was annullare) to
    text: "Cancel", or whatever language you use :)

It fixes a Button in the Admin Panel :)

• does anyone have a current link to this?
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion