Not signed in ( Sign In)

Categories

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

    •  
      CommentAuthorlaborix
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2010
     permalink
    In my test area I use only the SVN revisions of Flatpress. In SVN 317 on Apache the calendar plugin displays wrong characters in the current month.

    März 2010

    instead of März 2010 (the german special chars äöü). In Opera 10.10 I can check if the site is delivered in UTF-8, but all is ok. If I add an entry with the german special chars äöü, also all is ok. It seems, that only the calendar plugin have this problem.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNoWhereMan
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2010
     permalink
    do you have a call to setlocale() somewhere? maybe in the lang files? http://php.net/setlocale

    if so, it means you are using the system-wide settings instead of FP's: in that case, php internal language strings such as time format are encoded in iso-8859-1, which is then displayed badly if served as utf-8
    •  
      CommentAuthorlaborix
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2010
     permalink
    do you have a call to setlocale() somewhere? maybe in the lang files? http://php.net/setlocale

    No, I'm using there only original svn headrevision exports and the german language pack, so I can test without thinking about other stuff.

    php internal language strings such as time format are encoded in iso-8859-1, which is then displayed badly if served as utf-8

    Is it possible, that my .htacces file isthe problem?

    AddDefaultCharSet utf-8
    AddCharSet utf-8 .shtml .xhtml .htm .html .css


    Should I add ".php" too?
    •  
      CommentAuthorlaborix
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2010
     permalink
    Here some test results:
    On localhost with Apache the calendar uses the special chars äöü and the "März 2010" is ok.

    On my test area, Apache from my provider, it doesn't work. So I changed the .htaccess file and added ".php". The same results, the special chars are wrong.

    Any idea? If not, so leave it as it is, because in german only one month of twelve uses special chars :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNoWhereMan
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2010
     permalink
    maybe they do set their system to use locale-aware dates; try putting in defaults.php

    setlocale(LC_ALL , 'en_US');
    •  
      CommentAuthorlaborix
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2010
     permalink
    Didn't work, same results. I'm not sure, why in an entry the specials chars accepted and in the calendar not. As I said above, it isn't really important :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNoWhereMan
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2010
     permalink
    you can try and see if it's really reading the month names from the lang file: open it and substitute 'März' with 'something of your choice' and see what happens; if the date now displays "something of your choice" the file encoding for the lang file is wrong
    •  
      CommentAuthorlaborix
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2010
     permalink
    I will try it in the next few days, because this week I have not much time at evening. Thanks...
    •  
      CommentAuthorlaborix
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2010 edited
     permalink
    I test my current "lang.default.php" file and it is UTF-8 encoded. Then I open my editor, make a blank file and chosse UTF-8 (Unix format) and copy all from "lang.default.php" into the new file. Then I add in the array "$lang['date']['month']" for März two new characters and transfer it back to my test area.

    Next I clear the cache and after visiting my test area I see three special chars and all are wrong, but all german special chars in entries, menu, categories, archives, last entries and last comments are displayed correct.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNoWhereMan
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2010
     permalink
    weird. make sure you are uploading the file in BINARY mode (ftp)
    •  
      CommentAuthorlaborix
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2010
     permalink
    Transfer in binary mode, same results. Only the month have wrong chars.